Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Training and More Training

I just finished an intense week of training. Last Monday - Wednesday I participated in phase two of Living Way's entrepreneurial development courses. Thursday - Saturday I attended Grassroots training, which is aimed at teaching individuals (and corporations) how to manage, think and lead more effectively. By Saturday afternoon, my brain was fried! To say the least.

I am very grateful for the opportunity to participate in these training programs. I'm not exactly sure how the teachings will come into play in my life but I do know one thing - the Lord is preparing me. A friend recently told me to "Pay attention!". Pay attention to what's going on in your life, to reoccurring themes and teachings that are taking place, to places and to people, etc. Pay attention! Because the Lord is preparing you for what's to come.

With that said, I'm excited to see how my recent business and empowerment training will be put to use. I patiently, yet eagerly, await for God's plans to unfold. Because His plans and His purpose is so much grandeur than we could ever imagine.

Are YOU paying attention to what's happening in your life? Pay attention because it's preparation for what's to come.



More about Living Way's Entrepreneurial Development Training

From Monday to Wednesday I participated in Living Way's entrepreneurial development courses. This is the second phase of the program (the first phase took place in September). Entrepreneurs are essential to the reduction of unemployment (and indirectly, the combat of HIV/AIDS). Therefore, Living Way has put together a program to come alongside prospective entrepreneurs to train, mentor, and support them. Initially I had planned to assist the facilitators in sharing of the material. But I soon became a student with wide eyes and an eager attitude. Each day I walked out of the classroom with a brain full of knowledge.

Approximately a dozen students participated in phase one of the program. Each entrepreneur was given a homework assignment to do market research for their company. They were to instructed to share their findings with the Living Way facilitators in order to attend the classes in phase two. When phase two began (last week), only five students remained. These five individuals have proven their commitment to this program and to running their own company. It's been amazing to watch their dreams turn into a reality. Phase three takes place in November.

Living Way's Spring 2008 Entrepreneurs:

* Tania - Sells diapers and other baby products
* Jeremy - Music production and audio recording studio
* Elizabeth - Car wash
* Mark - Photography
* Bradley - Sports replica shop

No comments: