Sunday, August 3, 2008

Good-bye Friends

Back row, from left to right: Julie, Chrisie, Brenda, Emily. Front row: Me, Amanda, Kelly, Rob, Danielle.

This past week was bittersweet as I said "good-bye" to five of my teammates and close friends. Amanda, Kelly and Jess (not pictured) returned to the states, while Julie went back to Cananda and Rob home to England. I am forever grateful for the time that I shared with these amazing people. I believe God hand picked each one of us to cross paths at this time in our lives. Here is a glimpse into who they are:

* Amanda - one of my best friends from MN. Honest, bold, kind, and one of the "realest" people you will meet.
* Jess - born and raised in Ecuador. Outgoing, up for anything, amazing public speaker.
* Julie - Deep waters of patience and wisdom. Can talk politics all day long. Men line up for her.
* Rob - Without a doubt, one of the coolest guys that I know. We can barely understand each other (b/c of his English accent and my slang), but my stomach hurts from all of our laughter. Mature, considerate and stylish.
* Kelly - my roommate who is so beautiful inside and out. Fountain of grace and discernment. Poetic wisdom spews from her lips.

Thank you all, for leaving an imprint on my heart!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its an amazing blog you have here. I'm impressed with the accomplishments that you have done while in Africa. Its examples like this that answer the question posed to our Savior in the New Testament "And who is my neighbor?"

At the same time, it looks like you are having a blast. I enjoyed reading about your experience helping the patients and your insight into South Africa. Keep posting photos!

Anonymous said...

So cool to share the people that you have grown close to. Thanks
Trav