Friday, July 4, 2008

Cape Town Weather

I cannot believe how COLD it is here! I came to Africa expecting to perfect my tan as I frolicked along the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Boy, was I in for a treat! The seasons here are opposite of the United States; so winter has just begun. And I know what you're thinking... "Geez Becky, you wimp. How cold can it get in Africa?!?" Well my friend, I tell you what... it gets cold!

The temperature during the day has been around 50-55 degrees Fahrenheit (give or take). Cool breeze blows from the coast which adds a chill factor to the day. Not to mention the average rainfall is highest during the winter months. Sooo, the cute little dresses and sandals that I've brought for my trip are pretty much useless. In fact, I packed them away and have replaced them with a down winter jacket that I bought at the mall today. Ugh... and here I thought I left the cold weather back in Minnesnowta.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Becky. Have you experienced Table Mountain yet? Tell us more about your work. I miss you and am praying for you! Take care. Happy Independence Day!