Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cape Town, South Africa

We're here! Amanda and I arrived safely in Cape Town on Tuesday night. We've been unpacking and trying to get settled in to our new home. We're staying at a Bed and Breakfast housing unit with other individuals who are participating in Living Hope and ACTS Africa. So far, so good! Amanda will be in returning to the US on July 29th. I will be here until December 1st. We're just getting introduced to our new team members and we will learn more about our individual programs/work assignments by early next week. I'm looking forward to getting established here and creating a new "home" away from home. I'll be getting a cell phone soon and I'm also looking into buying a car with another girl here. Crazy, huh!? I don't even know if I have my license back in the states, but I'm looking into getting an international license... (they drive on the left side of the road and the steering wheel is located where our passenger seat is). Def. shoot up some prayers for that one!

Hope everyone is doing well. Much love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Driving?!?! Well I guess if we have to share our Becky with the rest of the world they should get to experience 'Becky in a car' too. :)

Wes

Anonymous said...

WHAT ??? WHAT ??

Ok, the mama has to step in here and ground you from driving.

You are grounded from driving, Becky.

Anonymous said...

Oh my.........

Dear Lord, forgive Becky - for she knows not what she's doing.....

Anonymous said...

We may have to ship the "Crash Helmet" to South Africa...i am not sure the folks down there have a clue as to what they are in for.

Beeg

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!

Becky, don't take this the wrong way, but.... you can't even drive on the right side of the road without getting in accidents!

Maybe you should think this one over! ;)