Thursday, June 26, 2008

Safari in South Africa

My team and I left Mozambique last Sunday. I had a few complications on my flight from Mozambique to South Africa - my ticket wasn't in the system and the plane was full. I had to get approval from the pilot to let me on the plane. Thank the Lord that everything worked out. Because the plane was completely full, a teammate of mine sat with the pilot in the cockpit and I was able to have her seat. What a relief!

We stayed at Mabula Lodge, a resort north of Johannesburg, from Sunday until Tuesday. It was a great ending to our trip. We were able to unwind and decompress from our time in Moz. During our stay at the lodge, we went on three safari game drives (two in the morning and one in the evening). It was soooo unbelievable! Our guides were amazing, the animals were so close and so wild, and the scenery was breathtaking.

I've attached a few pictures for your viewing pleasure....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The safari looks like it was a blast. Glad you are having a good time over there.

- Jer

Anonymous said...

those are some sweet pictures. looks like you are having a great time!

-hods